This is one of our breakfast stand-bys. We've started experimenting with the recipe to make it not quite so unhealthy :-)
Banana Nut Bread
1 c butter (slightly softened)
2 c sugar
2 c overripe bananas, mashed
2 c flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 c walnuts, chopped
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease two 9" x 5" bread pans.
2) Cream the butter and sugar in the mixer.
3) Add the bananas and eggs; mix until smooth.
4) In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
5) Add the flour to the banana mixture; mix until combined.
6) Stir in walnuts.
7) Divide batter evenly between loaf pans.
8) Bake for 60-70 minutes.
9) Wrap cooled loaves in foil to store.
Healthier Alternative: Substitute 1/2 c applesauce for 1/2 c butter; reduce sugar to 1 c; substitute 1 c whole wheat flour for 1 c all-purpose flour.