This is a really tasty recipe! I cooked it much longer than the original recipe suggested. Although the vegetables were cooked, they were not as tender as I like. I plan to use the below cooking times next time. I also found it just a tad salty (perhaps my curry powder includes more salt than most?), so I cut the salt in half. We served this over basmati rice with naan on the side.
1 1/2 T oil -- I used coconut oil.
1 small onion, diced
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 potatoes, cubed
4 carrots, cubed
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
4 T ground unsalted cashews
4-6 oz canned tomato sauce
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 T curry powder
1 c frozen green peas
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 c coconut milk
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1) Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; stir in the onion and cook until tender.
2) Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3) Add in potatoes, carrots, jalapeno, cashews, about 4 oz tomato sauce, salt and curry powder.
4) Cook, stirring frequently, for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Add in additional tomato sauce as necessary.
5) Stir in peas, pepper, and coconut milk.
6) Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
7) Garnish with cilantro and any remaining cashews.