This is a really excellent recipe, courtesy of Diana. The burgers reminded us of a veggie burger I had at Tuscarora Mill, one of our favorite restaurants. I had to adapt the recipe slightly in order to scale it down. My version made 4 patties.
Black Bean Burgers
approx. 1 c black beans (or 1/2 of a can, rinsed)
1/4 c chopped green pepper
1/4 c chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp hot sauce
1/4 c + 2 T bread crumbs
1) In a bowl, mash the black beans.
2) Add the pepper, onion and garlic; mix well.
3) Add the egg, chili powder, cumin and hot sauce; mix well.
4) Stir in the bread crumbs.
5) Form 4 patties.
6) Pan fry until golden brown on both sides.
7) Serve on a bun with the usual fixins.