Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Salted Fudge Brownies

These brownies turned out different than I expected but were still very good...and they got rave reviews from my colleagues. I totally thought I overbaked these as I put them in for the full 35 mins and the top looked really hard. However, the mix of a crispy outside and a fudge-y inside was great. I could do without the salt, so next time I might leave it out.

Salted Fudge Brownies

3/4 c unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/4 c + 2 T unsweetened cocoa
2 c sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 c flour
1/2 tsp sea salt

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease 8x8 inch baking dish (the original recipe called for 9x9).
3. In a medium saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over very low heat, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
4. One at a time, whisk in cocoa, sugar, eggs, vanilla and flour.
5. Pour batter into prepared dish.
6. Sprinkle sea salt evenly over batter. Swirl through with butter knife.
7. Bake for approx. 35 mins. until edge is set but center is still a bit soft and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out coated with a bit of batter.
8. Cool brownies in pan for 1 hour. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
9. Cut and serve at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment