I was amazed at how quick and easy it was to prepare this. The clams turned out great and made a TON of broth. Next time, I will try to incorporate some different spices and maybe try to thicken the broth a bit.
50 littleneck clams
2 T olive oil
6 cloves garlic minced
1/4 c green pepper, finely diced
1/4 c red pepper, finely diced
1/4 c shallots, finely diced
1 c white wine (we used Little Penguin Chardonnay)
2 T butter
1) Thoroughly wash clams to remove sand/dirt. Discard any clams that are already open.
2) In a large pot, saute garlic in oil over medium heat. Add peppers and shallots; saute until soft.
3) Add wine; simmer until it reduces in volume by half.
4) Add clams, cover and steam over medium heat.
5) Once the clams begin to open, add butter.
6) Continue steaming until all (or almost all) of the clams are open (about 12-15 mins total).
7) Serve over pasta.