Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Oatmeal Cookie Muffins

I was perusing food blogs this morning looking for dinner recipes for this week when I got distracted by this muffin recipe from How Sweet It Is.  I made muffins immediately.  They turned out great and I definitely plan to make them again.  I would have preferred chocolate chips to raisins but Jason has some strange aversion to chocolate in breakfast food.

Oatmeal Cookie Muffins

1 c oats
1 c milk, divided
1 egg
1/3 c brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 c butter, room temperature
1 c whole wheat pastry flour (I substituted 1/2 c whole wheat and 1/2 c all-purpose)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 c raisins (or chocolate chips!)

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a small bowl, combine oats and 1/2 c milk; set aside.
3) In a large bowl, whisk together egg and brown sugar.
4) Whisk in vanilla extract and butter; small lumps may remain.
5) Mix in oat mixture, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
6) Add remaining 1/2 c milk and stir until smooth; fold in raisins.
7) Spoon batter into greased muffin tin (makes 12); bake for 15-18 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment