I had no intention of making this cake, but due to a little snafu while attempting to make a pumpkin roll, I had to change course. What a lucky mistake! This cake was fantastically moist with just the right amount of spice.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
Adapted from Whipped
1 c unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing the bundt pan
2 1/4 c flour, plus extra for flouring the bundt pan
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1 c pumpkin puree
1 c buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1 c sugar
3 large eggs
3/4 c chocolate chips or chopped nuts (optional)
2 T butter
1 c powdered sugar
2 T milk
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees; butter and flour bundt pan.
2) In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, buttermilk and vanilla.
4) In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy (3-5 minutes).
5) Beat in eggs, one at a time.
6) Alternately mix in flour and pumpkin mixtures, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, until just combined.
7) Stir in chocolate chips or nuts, if using.
8) Pour batter into prepared pan; bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
9) Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes before inverting to a wire rack.
10) To make glaze, melt butter in a small saucepan.
11) Whisk in powdered sugar; add milk and whisk until smooth.
12) Drizzle over cake.