Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Birdie Bread

I make this every few weeks for Morris, our CAG. It's a good way to trick her into eating veggies that she normally wouldn't touch (except to throw out of her bowl). I just use whatever fruits and veggies I have on hand, so each batch is a little different. This week I used kale and broccoli, but I've used carrots, sweet potatoes, zucchini, peas, blueberries and corn. I keep a week's supply in the fridge and freeze the rest in a ziploc bag.

Birdie Bread

1 c oatmeal, processed into a flour
1 c whole wheat flour
3/4 T baking powder
2 eggs, whipped in food processor (shells included)
1 c no-sugar added applesauce
1 jalapeno, chopped
approx. 2 c veggies, chopped

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In an 8x8 pan, mix oatmeal, flour and baking powder.
3) Add eggs and applesauce; mix thoroughly.
4) Mix in jalapeno and veggies.
5) Bake for 25 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment