This pumpkin pie recipe is from the November 2009 issue of Southern Living (with a few modifications).
Pumpkin Pie Spectacular
1 c crushed gingersnaps (about 20 gingersnaps)
1/2 c pecans, finely chopped
1/4 c powdered sugar
1/8 c butter, melted
1 15 oz can pumpkin
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 c sour cream
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Place piecrust in a 9-inch pie pan.
3) Stir together gingersnaps, pecans, powdered sugar and butter; press mixture on bottom and sides of piecrust.
4) Bake for 10 minutes; let cool completely.
5) Stir together pumpkin, milk, eggs, sour cream, cinnamon, vanilla, ginger until well blended; pour into prepared crust.
6) Bake for 70 mins on baking sheet or until the filling is set, shielding the edges with foil during the last 25 mins of baking.
7) Serve with ginger-spice topping (8 oz whipped topping, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp ginger).