The cupcakes are a bit heavier than the typical cupcake but are very tasty.
Sour Cream Pound Cake Cupcakes
1/2 c butter, softened
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 c sugar
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
8 oz sour cream
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed until creamy.
3) Beat in sugar until light and fluffy.
4) Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
5) Stir in vanilla.
6) In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
7) Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternately with sour cream, beating until blended.
8) Spoon batter into lightly greased muffin pans, filling 2/3 full (approx. 24 cupcakes).
9) Bake for 22-24 mins.
10) Cool and decorate.
Salted Caramel-Chocolate Cupcakes
1) Prepare cupcakes as above substituting 3/4 c firmly packed dark brown sugar for part of the sugar.
2) In a double boiler, mix 8 oz chopped semi-sweet chocolate and 1/4 c whipping cream until smooth. Whisk in an additional 2 T cream.
3) Dip tops of cupcakes in chocolate mixture, and let stand until chocolate is set (about 30 minutes).
4) Spread Salted Caramel Buttercream onto cupcakes; garnish with sea salt flakes and caramels, cut into quarters.