|Milk solids skimmed off the top|
Ghee (Clarified Butter)
butter (preferably organic and unsalted)
1) In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
2) Allow butter to come to a gentle boil; keep butter boiling steadily; do not stir.
3) You will notice a white foam on top of the butter and sediment settling to the bottom of the pot.
4) Continue boiling until the liquid is transparent, and you can clearly see the bottom of the pot.
5) Remove from heat; allow to cool for 15 minutes or so.
6) Skim off any foam; pour liquid through strainer into a clean jar allowing the sediment to remain in the pan.