The key to these potato pancakes is to let them cook long enough to get good and crispy. The best time to make these is right after you've finished frying up some bacon. Frying the potato pancakes in the leftover bacon grease adds a ton of flavor.
Inspired by Allrecipes.com
2 c shredded potato (about 1 good sized russet)
1-2 T finely diced onion
1 T + 1 tsp flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
pinch of pepper
oil (preferably bacon grease)
1) Squeeze as much moisture as possible out of the potatoes.
2) In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, eggs, flour, salt and pepper; mix well.
3) Add enough oil to a large skillet to cover the bottom (3-4 T); heat over medium.
4) Plop 2-3 T of batter in skillet; use spoon to spread batter into a thin pancake.
5) Fry on each side until golden brown.