Grandma K's Baked Beans
1 lb dry Great Northern beans
1 lb bacon, diced and fried
2 onions, chopped
1 1/2 c brown sugar, packed
1 c ketchup
2 tsp dry mustard
4 tsp salt
2 T worchestershire sauce
1) Soak beans for 8 hours or overnight, per package instructions.
2) Drain beans, return to pot and cover with fresh water.
3) Bring beans to a boil for 2 mins; cover, turn off heat and let stand for 1 hour.
4) Return beans to a simmer and cook for 30 mins; preheat oven to 300 degrees.
5) Drain beans and add remaining ingredients.
6) Bake beans for 5 hours in covered 9x13 pan.
7) Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until beans are soft; add water if the sauce gets too thick.